Terms and conditions
1 – General provisions
The present terms and conditions, which may be revised from time to time, apply ipso jure to the sale of all products, offered by Vogel Edition and any additional information on any other existing document, prospectus or catalog is of indicative value only. These terms and conditions take precedence over any conflicting terms of purchase.
2 – Description of products
2-1. Vogel Edition, under the trade mark LawLex, provides lawyers with four simple, user-friendly and efficient products to be used independently or as a complementary source in the fields of competition, distribution and consumer law and EU business law:
• JuriScience: hard copy books with regular updates published online between editions.
• JuriStrateg : practical guides
• Dossiers CDC: articles on topical themes pertaining to competition, distribution or consumer law
2-2. Updates of the books are regularly published online at no additional cost until new editions become available.
3 – Intellectual Property
Vogel Edition is the sole proprietor of materials and books, made available online, as well as all reproduction rights and other related rights. The user is forbidden from publishing, broadcasting, selling in any way, the texts obtained by the intermediary of Vogel Edition, and more generally from breaching in any way the reproduction and other rights held by Vogel Edition on its databases, electronic books and materials, in French, English, or German. The user has a personal and non-exclusive right of use which is not transferable to third parties. The user has the non-exclusive right to download and reproduce the data contained in Vogel Edition free of charge for his/her personal use. This faculty cannot under any circumstances be used to reproduce all the data contained in the databases, books and studies or to exploit them, directly or indirectly, in any form and on any medium whatsoever. The user may only use the name Vogel Edition in his advertising and marketing documents with the consent of Vogel Edition.
4 – Price
The prices charged and billed to customers are those in force on the day of registration of the order or subscription. The prices charged by Vogel Edition are in Euros and include VAT. Prices exclude shipping costs.
5 – Billing and payment
After registration of the order, an invoice is issued which must be paid within 30 days of receipt. Invoices not paid by the due date are subject, as of right, to the interest chargeable on arrears at the legal rate without formal notice. Vogel Edition reserves the right to change its rates, subject to informing the user one month prior to the change. The user may cancel his/her subscription within 8 days of the notification, by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt.
6 – Delivery
Deliveries are made to the address stipulated on the order form.
Any customs duties and taxes payable are borne by the customer.
The products delivered are deemed to be in conformity with the order unless a written claim is made by the customer within a period of fifteen days from the date of delivery. Vogel Edition’s liability is limited to the replacement of a non-conforming product.
7 – Retention of title
Vogel Edition retains full and complete ownership of the products until actual payment of the complete principal amount of the price and all incidentals.
However, goods are shipped at the risk of the recipients, who shall ensure the protection of their own rights in respect of the carrier, whosoever it may be, using the customary procedures on receipt of the goods. Registered orders are delivered at the earliest opportunity and before the delivery deadline stated on the purchase order.
8 – Force majeure
Vogel Edition cannot be held liable for the non-performance of the contract in the event of stock shortages or unavailability of products, force majeure events, disruption, total or partial strikes – in particular by the postal services, of means of transport and/or communications, flooding, or fire.
9 – Dispute resolution
9-1. Early termination
• The contract may be terminated early by Vogel Edition in case of non-performance of any of the obligations by the user, or in the event receivership or compulsory liquidation of the latter. Said termination takes effect 8 days after receipt of a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt giving notice of the termination.
• Documents contained in databases, materials and electronic books have been incorporated solely for the purpose of information and cannot constitute legal advice. Therefore, the exploitation of documents resulting from searches in the databases, and also the failure to obtain the desired results cannot, either directly or indirectly, incur the liability of Vogel Edition. Specifically, Vogel Edition does not guarantee the relevance of the results obtained, the analysis provided, the updating of the documents, the comprehensive nature of the databases. Vogel Edition also waives all liability for any damage that may occur during the transmission, download and printing of documents. In addition, no assistance provided by Vogel Edition give rise to any additional warranty with respect to these terms. However, in the event that Vogel Edition is found to be liable, the award shall not exceed the amount paid by the user for the subscription.
9-3. Jurisdiction clause
• Any dispute arising from the interpretation or performance of the present contract shall be brought before the Tribunal de grande instance in Paris.
9-4. Applicable law
• The present contract is governed by French law.
10 – Processing of personal data
In accordance with Law No 78-17 of 6 January 1978, in its consolidated version, on Information Technology, Data Files and Liberties and Regulation No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, the customer has the right, inter alia, to access, rectify or object to the processing of his/her personal data. Those data may be communicated to other companies of the Group for the purposes of commercial canvassing and to any other third party if strictly necessary for the execution of the order. Those rights can be asserted by writing to: